Sunday, January 5, 2014

Introduction and The Space Pirates' Code

Ahoy and welcome to my blog! My name is Shon Richards and this is my new Space Pirate/Wargaming blog. My plan is to chronicle my adventures in playing a Space Pirate, learning to pain miniatures and coming up with some rules and scenarios for you to use.

I used play a lot of wargames when I was a teenager. I played Car Wars, Warhammer, Warhammer 40K, Realms of Chaos, Blood Bowl and more Avalon Hill games than I can remember. Over time I grew out of wargaming due to the cost and time constraints. I would still buy rulebooks for fun but I played none of them.

The past year I discovered Two Hour Games and man, it was the answer to my prayers. I didn’t need to spend hundreds of dollars on figures that might be phased out of the rules next year. The games themselves are quick and easy to learn. Best of all, many of them have solo variants which are right up my hermit alley.

I plan to rekindle my passion for games by diving headfirst back into action. My main hobby is writing fiction so I plan to also write some fiction for my characters and battles. I am a meddler so I also want to create some rules for other people to use in their own space pirate games.

I have decided to adapt Space Cow Smith’s BudgetHammer rules for my own purposes. Being a creative type and a pirate, I will rename it The Space Pirates’ Code.

1. You will have fun!
2. You will not spend more than 30$ a month on space pirates!
3. You will paint 4 miniatures a month!
4. You will forgive your crappy painting skills and keep painting!
5. You will not buy new miniatures until last months’ have been painted.
6. You will play a minimum of 2 games a month!
7. You will with the rules you like the best!
8. You will post a new rule/scenario idea per month!
9. You will post at least one short fiction per month!

The voyage begins this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment